Videography Team Lead
Whakaata Māori has an exciting opportunity for a conscientious and reliable professional to lead the Videography Team, providing services primarily to our Te Ao Newsroom productions, as well as to our general content creation hubs.
What you will be doing:
Whakaata Maori’s vision for our kaimahi is to have highly skilled, multi-disciplinary teams that are agile and responsive to meet the needs of our audience/s. This role is responsible for both helping individuals develop their craft area of interest as well as facilitating wider training and development opportunities to increase the overall cross-skilling across the team. This role will work closely with the Newsroom to effectively schedule and allocate work across the videography team on a daily/weekly basis.
We have a fast paced environment that requires a strong craft background as well as the ability to effectively communicate and work across different teams within our organisation, to plan and resource to meet deadlines and oversee the delivery of a high quality end product.
We’re looking for someone with:
- A strong, demonstrated background as an Editor or Camera Operator
- Strong experience in broadcasting in general, and television news production in particular
- Team leadership and people management experience
- Who is comfortable working to tight timeframes
- A tertiary qualification in broadcasting or a related field such as communications, and some knowledge in te reo Māori are preferred.
We can offer you:
- 5 weeks of annual leave after 12 months of service
- Support on your journey to learn te reo Māori, 2hrs a week
- Oranga Whānau fund after 12 months of service, up to $500 a year
Use your experience to make a difference. Apply now.